qnap enterprise zfs nas storage Dealers Chennai & Hyderabad, Tamilnadu, India
The ES1640dc v2 is whole-new product line developed by QNAP for mission-critical tasks and intensive virtualization applications. With Intel Xeon E5 processors, dual active controllers, ZFS, and fully supporting virtualization environments, the ES1640dc v2 delivers “real business-class” cloud computing data storage. The ES1640dc v2 features the brand-new QES operating system that allows almost limitless snapshots, block-level data deduplication, and thin provisioning with reclaim, assisting businesses in building the most cost-efficient VDI platform and storage for critical data. The ES1640dc v2 provides the same user experience as the current QNAP NAS and QTS system, allowing business users to enjoy the easy learning curve and quickly deploy the system, and making it ideal for small and medium businesses with budget constraints or large-scale IT divisions coping with mission-critical tasks.
- Dual active controllers, NVRAM cache, dual mini-SAS channel backup, 40GbE-ready, SAS 12Gb/s-enabled
- QES operating system which is based on FreeBSD and ZFS
- Data deduplication and compression allows hosting over 500 VDI in one chassis
- Near-limitless snapshots and SnapSync for efficient disaster recovery
- NAS and iSCSI/IP-SAN storage supporting VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM and advanced virtualization featuresFully supports OpenStack iSCSI Cinder driver
- Scalable design, over 1 PB total storage capacity
- 5 year warranty - Global warranty inclusive
NVRAM cache reducing the risks of losing write cache data
To increase random write performance and reliability, the ES1640dc v2 features NVRAM modules (DRAM Write Cache with Copy-to-flash) to protect write data. When data is written into NVRAM, there are dedicated backup battery units to protect writing to the cache, and at the same time the data is replicated to a backup controller, to achieve 100% data integrity. NVRAM-backed write cache in the dual-controller architecture presents high performance, fault-tolerant, and helps reduce flash SSD write amplification.