lenovo tape storage Dealers Chennai & Hyderabad, Tamilnadu, India
Standalone tape automation solution
- 3U tape library supporting the latest Linear Tape (LTO) technology
- Outstanding capacity, performance, & reliability for cost-effective backup, restore, & archive for midrange storage environments
- Remote library management through web-based interface
- Increase cartridge and drive capacity as needed with the modular design
- Scale vertically with up to seven modules, with expansion for LTO Ultrium 8, 7, and 6 cartridges
- Supports WORM cartridges to enhance data protection and provides library-managed encryption with IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager
- Speed deployment and simplify management with an embedded, open-source software architecture
- Keep data securely stored long-term, while helping reduce the costs associated with data center space and utilities
Scalable tape library
- Requirements for secure, long-term data retention—especially in the financial services, healthcare and life sciences industries—are common and increasingly stringent, with data volumes growing massively as a result. Tape storage offers a less costly long-term storage option than disk drives or flash. And data stored on tape kept offline, or on write once media, is nearly invulnerable to hacking.\
- IBM TS4300 Tape Library is a high-density, highly scalable, easy-to-manage tape library designed to keep data securely stored long-term, while helping reduce the costs associated with data center space and utilities. Its modular design enables users to increase cartridge and drive capacity as needed.
- Built around a 3U-high modular base library, TS4300 can scale vertically with up to seven modules (including the base library), with expansion for Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium cartridges (LTO 6, 7, and 8) drives and redundant power supplies. A single robot manages all modules in the stack.
- In a seven-module configuration, TS4300 offers a capacity of more than 270 LTO cartridges. A wizard for installation and configuration enables users to install, expand and service the library without special training.
Get automatic control
To help meet security and compliance requirements, TS4300 supports write-once-read-many (WORM) cartridges to enhance data protection, and provides library-managed encryption with IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager. Also, improve business continuity with IBM TS4300 Tape Library-supported features like automatic control-path and datapath failover to provide automatic control in the event of a loss of a host adapter or control path.
Entry-Level Tape Autoloader With Latest Gen Technology
- Slim profile, 1U system designed for rack system environments for automated, high-capacity tape storage
- Features the latest generation of Linear Tape-Open (LTO) with Ultrium 8 half-height technology designed for reliable performance in small to midsize open-system environments
- Lowest entry price of any IBM tape automation offering half-height tape technology
- 1U slim profile designed for rack system environments for automated, high-capacity tape storage
- Features half-height LTO Ultrium technology designed for reliable performance in small to midsize open-system environments
- Adheres to LTO Ultrium specifications
- Half-height LTO Ultrium 8, 7, 6 and 5 support the encryption of data for increased security with archived data
- Lowest entry price of any IBM tape automation offering IBM half-height tape technology
The TS2900 is equipped with standard features designed to provide ease-of-use and secured data backup. Web-based remote management, a bar code reader and a removable tape magazine help provide ease of use. The TS2900 can be used in a rack system or on a desktop next to a server in an office. These types of features help reduce the amount of required IT personnel, as well as help centralize backups in the data center. The TS2900 is also designed to support the encryption of sensitive user data in combination with half-height LTO Ultrium 8, 7, 6 or 5 tape technology. With a 6 Gbps serial-attached SCSI (SAS) interface, the TS2900 is supported on IBM System x®, Intel and other competitor open-system server platforms.
The TS2900 Tape Autoloader has a nine-data-slot cartridge capacity for a total storage capacity of up to 270 TB with 2.5:1 compression, as well as a single I/O station designed to provide undisturbed library operation when extracting or inserting data cartridges. The TS2900 utilizes one half-height LTO Ultrium drive—generation 8, 7, 6, or 5. The TS2900 is shipped as a rack-mount unit with the option of a desktop conversion kit.
Half-height LTO Ultrium 8 tape drives are designed to read and write data at a transfer rate of up to 300 MBps and store up to 12TB native on a single LTO Ultrium 8 data cartridge (30 TB with 2.5:1 compression). LTO Ultrium 8 technology is designed with the ability to read and write data to LTO Ultrium 7 data cartridges, thus helping to protect current investments in LTO Ultrium cartridges.
Ideal for growing storage requirements
Long-term tape storage for backup & archive
Easy access to data on LTO Ultrium 8 cartridges, through IBM Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technology
Media-partitioning on LTO Ultrium 8 media & LTFS
- Provide long-term backup and archive storage data protection while lowering overall storage costs
- Easily access data stored on Linear Tape-Open (LTO)
- Support media partitioning on LTO Ultrium 8 media
- Interchangeable Ultrium 8 and Ultrium 7 tape media
The TS2280 6Gbps SAS interface enables it to connect to a wide spectrum of open-system servers. The LTO Ultrium 8 tape media provides partitioning support, which, in conjunction with IBM Spectrum Archive, provides users with filelevel access to tape data.
This support helps users quickly locate and update information on the tape media. LTO Ultrium 8 technology is also designed to natively support data encryption, with core hardware encryption and decryption capabilities resident in the LTO Ultrium 8 tape drive itself.
Management solutions such as IBM Spectrum Protect™ or third-party storage management software can extend the power of TS2280. IBM Spectrum Archive helps simplify access and management of TS2280 by enabling text-based file tagging, enabling more intuitive searches of drive content. This software creates an efficient “data footprint” to dynamically store every bit of data, helping maximize performance and ensure security.
TS2280 Tape Drive supports the LTO Consortium compressed specification for LTO Ultrium 8, offering up to 30TB of data storage per cartridge (12TB native), twice the compressed capacity of the previous LTO Ultrium 7 cartridges. In addition to reading and writing to LTO Ultrium 8 tape cartridges, TS2280 can read and write to LTO Ultrium 7 cartridges. TS2280 supports the self-describing features of LTO tape cartridges for operational simplicity.